RE>restore

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>restore
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 23 Dec 91 10:36:20
        Reply to:   RE>restore
Dom Dercole writes:

        When the time comes to strip the paint off I had hot
        tanking in mind[...] When time comes to rustproof,
        the rustproofing is unable to get into thoses places and
        will eventually rust.

**** I would not be surprised if those particular nooks & crannies were
UNPAINTED even at the factory.   It's amazing just how much of our favorite
cars came unpainted...  If it worries you , you can grease your strippers palm,
and he will follow the stripping with a "phosphate dip" that will coat every
inch of metal, inside and out, with a rust-preventative coating.  You will then
have rust protection SUPERIOR to what the factory provided.

     - Jerry Kaidor ( jkaidor@synoptics.com )