HVLP, pressurized pot

To: spit@neuro.duke.edu (Michael D. Burdick)
Subject: HVLP, pressurized pot
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 91 12:09:14 CST
Michael D. Burdick writes>

>HVLP is High Volume, Low Pressure.  It is the "New Wave" of paint application
I'm told.  It is supposed to greatly reduce overspray, which makes it
economically as well as environmentally attractive.

Don't some of these sytems have a pressure respirator for the operator built in
to the system?  Sounds like the way to go for a serious shop.

>a pressurized pot and gets some of the "Low Pressure"
benefit (reduced overspray) of HVLP with a "conventional" setup

I am really ignorant on this.  What is the deal?  I may want to shoot my
plastic car myself, but am not interested in poisioning myself with the
catalizer in the paint.

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324