Re: Checking out the Daimler 2.5L Saloon

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: Checking out the Daimler 2.5L Saloon
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 91 10:22:17 -0500
southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja) SEZ:
> >'66 Daimler looks like a Mark II,
> >2.5L eng  V-8 69K mi.  $3300
>
> We checked it out Sunday. ...
> We talked him down to $2600, then took a couple days to think and
> talk it over.  ...
>
> So, in the end, we decided to take a pass on this one. ...
> ... Given the price we were able to
> talk him down to, I think that we just passed up a real bargain.

Thats too bad.  I was kinda hoping for a happier ending.

I passed up on a BRG Jag 3.8L MkII (daily driver) for $4500 (advertised
asking price) in my home town only a couple of winters ago.  Even though
I couldn't afford it then, I still regret not getting it somehow.  I dearly
love Jaguar 3.8L MkIIs and ever since then I haven't seen many (if any) less
than $10,000.

$2600 for the Daimler would have had me awfully tempted!  Its not a Jag
though (as you said).  In the end I probably would have decided the same
mainly because I want a Jaguar.

I pass a Jaguar MkII every day going to work and coming home.  Its outside
the British cars repair shop I pass by.  Its back end is up in the air on
ramps --- has been for months.  He's probably fixing it up (over a long time!)
to make some humongous profit on it.  Oh well.