RE: running on

To: "british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: running on
From: gendimen@t12sys.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 91 07:30:02 -0800
>What causes running on after you remove the ignition key??  I thought it is
>either (1) falty ignition switch, (2) high compression.

High compression is probably closer to the problem.  However, by '73 the
compression ratio's weren't very high (~9:1) in most cars unless there was
custom engine work done.  Could be either the timing is set wrong or the spark
plugs are to hot.  Low octane gas may also contribute to the problem.  Of
course there's the anti-run on valve that's supposed to prevent that, but it
never worked on my GT6.

Mike Gendimenico
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com