Re: road salt

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: road salt
From: "DSTONE, 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1991 08:21 PST
John Sanders writes:

>>I heard some time ago that CalTrans is starting to use salt on the roads in
the Sierras.<<

     Actually, I heard just the opposite. Being from that
     area and trying to be aware of what's going on I heard
     that they no longer use salt as a method of melting
     ice/snow, as the resulting runoff is not only damaging
     to the plant life, but to the animal life as well.

     Now I just HAVE to tell my jokes;

     Q: What's orange & sleeps four ?