We don't need this, was: ticking noise

To: bpeel@std.mentorg.com, banta@abingdon.sun.com
Subject: We don't need this, was: ticking noise
From: whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 9 Dec 1991 13:36 EST
A call for common courtesy follows at the end of the following
rehash from two messages.

Bill Peel in response to an earlier post:
>You reply is confusing...  Not only is it convoluted but it seems that you're
>attacking me?  Why...  I don't care why but if you are attacking, "bite my
>a?*".
>If not, clean up your language and get more fiber in your diet!
>---------
>**|
Part of the post by Andy Banta to which Bill Peel responded:
>Why can't people RTFM?  If the manual says to adjust the valves cold,
>I can guaranfuckingtee there's a reason.  If you hang out with me, or
>Sam Sjogren, or (I think) Scott Fisher and see us adjust our valves
>hot, it isn't because it's a high performance tweak.  It's because
>the cam grinder told us to with our specific application.
for over two years and we have (to the best of my recollection)
never reverted to the use of abusive language of the type
exhibited above.  Let's hope this was just a momentary lapse
into the type of "flaming" that appears in the various
netnews groups and that it won't happen again.

There is plenty of room/opportunity for advocating any aspect
of vehicle interest/maintenance/etc. relative to british-cars.
Be as firm or adament in your views and opinions as you want,
BUT please DO NOT revert to foul language and/or personal
attacks.  We haven't had it in the past, we don't need it now
and we shouldn't condone it in the future!

I hope my soapbox appeal doesn't offend anyone, but I'd hate
to see the british-cars list change to a netnews environment.
Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl   (K2UNK)            ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com