British cars in Europe

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: British cars in Europe
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 11:09:50 -0500
gt3639a@prism.gatech.edu (WIDMER,CHRISTOPH ALBERT) writes
> Well, yes, Switzerland has some strange laws ... I'll also have to
> change the indicator lamps from red (back) and white (front) to amber
> and probably the sealed headlamps to lamps with a different "pattern"
> like the ones used in UK.
>
> Christoph Widmer

This all reminds me of my cousin Martin visiting us (back when I lived
in England).  At that time, he was a Sergeant in the British Army serving
in (then) West Germany.  His mode of transportation was his beloved
Mini Cooper 'S' (sorry don't remember what engine or what year  -- this
was back in the early 1970s though).

He'd been stopped by the local constabulary (in England) a couple of
times... he'd always forget to re-aim his headlights for trips back
to England (think about it :-).  I don't know if he remembered to
re-aim them when he drove back to Germany (silly bugger probably didn't!)

I have to laugh thinking back on it now...

        - Garry