Distributor Float Adjustment (how?)

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Distributor Float Adjustment (how?)
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 10:10:46 EST
Has anyone adjusted the distributor end float on a TR6 engine lately?
I would guess that the procedure is similar if not identical to other
engines.  I've never done this procedure and would like some tips so
that my cam's distributor drive gear doesn't wear down overnight.  I
have read the Haynes and Bentley manuals on the subject, and think I
can do it, but I figured that there is a trick or two I should know
about.  I complete rebuilt the engine.  I had the cam ground, so I'm
using the original cam (so to speak) which means the gears for the
distributor should connect the same as before.

Thanks!
---
This is a *weird* place - which is probably why I fit in.

Scott Paisley        paisley@cme.nist.gov      ..!uunet!cme-durer!paisley