Re: Why are wires such a pain?

To: twakeman@apple.com (Teriann J. Wakeman)
Subject: Re: Why are wires such a pain?
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 91 12:29:05 PST

| Wire wheels are not a pain as long you start with good ones, don't drive into
| curbs & perform periodic maintenence.
|
| If you get used wheels, they are only as good as their hubs. I suggest
| purchasing new wheels if you can.
|
| TeriAnn

I'll second that! For ten years I made a 60plus mile comute each day in a tr4
with overdrive, surry top and wire wheels. It was only at the end that I changed
wheels and that was to go from 48 spoke to 60 spoke. If you start out with a
reasonably good set and keep the splines greased they are fine.
dickn

P.S. Merry Christmas TeriAnn . I missed you at the Travelers meeting.