Re: Why are wires such a pain?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why are wires such a pain?
From: "DSTONE, 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1991 13:48 PST
     In a word: MAINTENANCE.
     The thing that previous owners have neglected, causing
     your wires to be wobbly, and your splines to be worn.
     I'd say properly maintained they not only look great,
     but add that air of classicness (?) to our beloved
     toys. But once let go, they can not only make the car
     usavory to drive, they are damn unsafe as well. And,
     relative to steels, or discs, they are expensive to R &
     R. Just for the wheel work alone (no worn hub work), we
     paid $400 + 3 yrs ago to have our Healey rims trued,
     blasted & painted.

          Cheers-
                 Daren "you've picked a fine time to leave
                 me loose wheel" Stone