I just got a new motor!!

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: I just got a new motor!!
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1991 17:56 PST
Well I've just bought a new 73 MGB GT to keep my midget company, I thought I
needed a sensible winter car.

I got it for $1050, one small ding, paint not too good, but mechanically
very good and tight (new engine, etc, etc)  body with NO, and I mean NO rust.

For some reason cars in Eugene Oregon do not rust.  My Midget still had bright
shinny metal under the old carpets on the floor, and I mean lots of shinny
metaland NO rust.

But the MGB GT is 4 spd and doesn't have wires.

Anyone know if the overdrive for these cars is a bolt on job or is it a new
box?Also what's the deal with wire wheels, cost and what fits?

Cheers DW