Unpainted inner fenders

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Unpainted inner fenders
From: Wayne Angevine <angevine@badger.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 91 12:52:59 mst
In the never-ending saga of Fixing Things the Clueless Former Owner (and
probably henchmen) Screwed Up:  When the new front fenders were put on
my roadster, they were not painted on the inside, just left in the factory
primer.  It seems to be pretty good primer - after all, the fenders have
been protected only by it since they were manufactured circa 20 years ago -
but I'm uneasy about leaving it that way.  As I see it, my options are:
1) Leave it alone
2) Remove the fenders from the car and paint the insides
3) Attempt to paint them on the car with
   a) Spray can, or
   b) Brush.

2) would probably result in damage to the rather good exterior paint,
and I'm afraid that 3a would also.  3b would be rather difficult to do
sufficiently thoroughly to really protect the metal.

Any suggestions?

Wayne