What he said...

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: What he said...
From: mjb@hoosier (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 10:18:28 -0700
I agree with Lawrence Buja and others that there is no real need to convert
this mailing list to a newsgroup.  We just went over all this in the autocross
mailing list.  The one thing we changed there was to make available a digest
form of the list.

This collects the messages during the day, and then sends out a single message
early in the morning.  So the folks who are bothered by the number and volume
of messages can get them all at once, rather than having them interfere with
work related mail.  (Personally, I think that my work related mail interferes
with auto stuff ;-)

But this SOL list has less volume and fewer peripheral discussions which not
everyone enjoys.  So I do not yet see a need to restrain ourselves to the
point of stifling the personal, friendly exchange we have here.  A newsgroup
would have an entirely different feeling.  For those of you who may read
rec.autos.tech, the recent reply to my short and, in the opinion of others
as well as myself, humorous "86 foot Buick" post points out the sort of stuff
we would have to bear under a newsgroup.

mjb.