RE>Re- Alignment

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE>Re- Alignment
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 11 Feb 91 10:46:12
        Reply to:   RE>Re: Alignment

     Besides british cars, I am also into motorcycles with sidecars.  These
need to be aligned on a regular basis, and since they don't align "rigs" at the
Grand Auto, us sidecarists have to be our own mechanics.  What we do,
is we obtain a pair of long straight two-by-fours.  We put each one up on
blocks and lay it along the tire.  Then we take a tape measure and take one
measurement from board-to-board in BACK, and another one in FRONT.  Since these
measurements are taken about seven feet apart, the result is
highly accurate.  Sidecar toe-in specs are given in inches, but can be
converted to degrees with trig functions, as Akkana said.  No reason why
this technique can't work with automobiles....

      - Jerry Kaidor