Re: What a deal!

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: What a deal!
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 91 09:34:16 -0500
> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 09:21:47 PST
> From: (Alan Dahl)
>
> < story of unaffordable Bug-Eye Sprite deleted >
>
> Anyone else have any stories about "the one that got away"?
>
>    - Alan (still looking for a bug-eye) Dahl

I can't resist a response... I'm sure there'll be a flood of them!

I'm still kicking myself over a car I let get away a couple of winters ago.
It was a 1960 Jaguar 3.8L Mark II, British Racing Green, Wire Wheels,
*daily driver* (i.e. dependable, I would hope!) for only $4500... and the
car was in the town I live.  It couldn't have been better.  Except I couldn't
afford it (familiar, eh Alan? -- so I do sympathise).  I should have gone
and gotten a loan, somehow, anyhow.

I kept the clipping from the local newspaper.  Its still pinned up on
my kitchen notice board to remind me never to let such a good deal get
away again.  That same car is probably going for $10,000 plus these days :-(

One of these days... when I'm rich and famous...

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert