What a deal!

To: yale!encore.com!amc-gw!british-cars@encore.com
Subject: What a deal!
From: yale!harvard!uunet.UU.NET!morpho!alan@encore.encore.com (Alan Dahl)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 09:21:47 PST
AARRRRRGHHHH!

Found an unbelievable deal in the Sunday Seattle Times:

     1960 Bug-eye Sprite, excellent condition, original
     new brakes, $3500

I called on the car as soon as I saw the ad and found out that
I was about the 25th person that had called.  The car is low milage,
never been wrecked, about $2500 invested in last two years and, oh
yeah, *original* (but faded) paint!  Anyway the girl selling it had
somehow wrecked her mother's car and need money *fast*.  Unfortunatly,
someone had already offered $4500 and she had agreed to sell at that
price.  She did say I could have it for $5000, but I just can't quite
come up with that sort of money and it dosen't seem like such a great
deal at that price.

Anyone else have any stories about "the one that got away"?

   - Alan (still looking for a bug-eye) Dahl