Rotoflex coupling for GT6+

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Rotoflex coupling for GT6+
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!ssiwest!young@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Indi)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 10:15:21 PDT
        Help!!!!

        Is there a way to replace the rotoflex couplings on a GT6+
        without removing the outer driveshaft???????  In other words,
        is there any easy way to replace these couplings without
        special tools????  (i.e: a bearing press)

        Also... let me get my Bentley's manual so I cite the right parts.
        Okay, is the splined joint on the outer axle shaft coupling
        supposed to move????  Ours is stuck.  It doesn't move in and
        out.  Isn't it supposed to?

        If you've read this far, you must know about GT6's, so have
        you (or anyone you know) experimented with Spax shock on the
        rear?  Which settings should I start with???

        Help!  Robbie is stuck up on jacks with a cracked, old rotoflex
        dangling from his rear axle.  He just passed the smog test
        yesterday morning, so we were looking forward to actually driving
        him (without being on the constant lookout for cops) this week!
        Ask your friends if you don't know.  We can't find any good
        drawings or explanations in any of the manuals.  Our last resort
        is to take him to a shop.  Is there a good one closer to Livermore
        (in the Bay Area) than San Jose?  We don't want to drive very
        far on the old rotoflex coupling...

        indi (Cathy Young)         |"ssiwest!young"@lll-lcc.llnl.gov
        Supercomputer Systems, Inc | or: uunet!ssi!young
        Livermore, CA              | (415)373-8044
        There are two hotels in Djang: the Hotel Windsor and, across
        the street, the Hotel Anti-Windsor.          --Bruce Chatwin

        p.s: We have an extra GT6 Bentley's manual.  I think it's outta
        print now.  We'll let it go to the first reply-er for a deal.