The Lotus wheels, MGBs, & Fuzball racing

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: The Lotus wheels, MGBs, & Fuzball racing
From: "Teriann J. Wakeman" <mit-eddie!APPLE.COM!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 09:42:06 -0700
1. last Sat. I took the wheels that came off the Lotus 46 to Bruce @ British
Wire Wheels. He measured them & examined them closely for any structural damage.
They are 4 lugs on 3-3/4 dia circle. This means that they do indeed fit the
Lotus they came off of, and the Spits, GT6, & whatever.  Bruce said that he
feels they are worth $125 each and he was willing to take them on consignment.
Since I am marketing these wheels for the owner of the Lotus & already have
my finger in the pie, I wasn't overly receptive to having another finger
in the pie. Especially sinse his piece would come out of my piece.

So here 'tis the set of 4 mags for $500. If I do not get any takers from the
group, I'll cart them to the Moss Motors TR Marque day, the Portland British
car meet and the Palo Alto British car meet.

2. I have recently read postings refering to a national MGB club.  Could anyone
fill me in on this organization??? Do their newsletters have REGULAR good tech
articals? What about national & reginal meets?

3.  Sat I stopped off at the shops of the famous Fuzzball racing team with
the Mags I had for sale. Unfortunatly, no one was home except the race car {it
would brobably go faster if it had a front suspension and an engine} and the
parts cortina with the front somewhat re arranged {Custom by Crash}. Sorry but
the mags will not fit the Cortina with the 4" bolt circle.  looking at the
race car and the parts car ... This looks like a job for DR. Von Frankinstien.
The race car looks like it could benifit by having the back half of the Parts
car grafted on.  Either that or the parts car could benifit by having the front
of the race car grafted on.  On the other hand, The race car does have a nice
full roll cage.

4. I have not herd about the Interop-90. What is it & when is it?  If there are
a number of people from out of the area going. Maybe they, along with those
of us who live in this area could get together one evening for Pizza or
something??

TeriAnn