TR8 info needed

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: TR8 info needed
From: mit-eddie!sybase.com!barry@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (barry klawans)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 90 10:43:42 PDT
I'm seriously considering buying a TR8 for sale locally.  I've driven the car
and given it a hard look over, and everything looks good.  Well, almost
everything; it seems that the original owner removed all the smog stuff.
Since I live in California, this is a bit of a problem.  Unfortunatly I haven't
been able to find out just what the car originally had on it so I don't know
what I would need to replace.  Help!  The usual resources (TRF, etc) haven't
been much help.

Its definitly missing the calalytic converters, and the exhaust system is not
stock, so I might have to replace the entire exhaust system.  What else did
the car have?  Air pumps?  The original carbs and manifold were replaced by
the current (2nd) owner, but at least he kept the original so they will come
with the car.

Any and all info about the emissions control stuff for a TR8 will be
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Barry Klawans
barry@sybase.com