Fuzzy dice and safety

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Fuzzy dice and safety
From: Roland Dudley <mit-eddie!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 90 09:10:57 pdt
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)

I write:

>> I was even toying with the idea of fuzzy dice (emblazon with whatever is

Philip responded:

>I know you are only kidding about the dice thing, but I feel compelled
>to remark on stuff hanging from mirrors.  God only knows how many
>cars have been crashed because of hanging stuff.  People defend them

I agree with this statement 100% and is one of the reasons I suggested a
removable sticker.  Since I have side curtains, the windshield is the
only place I could possibly put a sticker and even that space is very
limited.  I would only want it there for special occasions, the rest of
the time I would prefer a clean windshield.  Cars have enough blind spots
without adding yet another.  I nearly ran down a moped once because the
small profile of the bike and rider happen to just fit behind the
vertical post between the windshield and side window of my car.  The
moped was going at just the right speed to stay hidden from view while I
was making a left turn.  This scared the hell out of me when I
discovered what had happen.  I can only imagine how the guy on the moped
felt.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcilan.hp.com