Re: Patches and Stickers

To: uiucuxc!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roland Dudley)
Subject: Re: Patches and Stickers
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 90 12:19:26 CDT
> I was even toying with the idea of fuzzy dice (emblazon with whatever is

I know you are only kidding about the dice thing, but I feel compelled
to remark on stuff hanging from mirrors.  God only knows how many
cars have been crashed because of hanging stuff.  People defend them
by saying that they don't really block their view.  That is NOT the
point!  Over time, you get used to the motion.  This deadens the
automatic reflex to look at moving objects in the perifory (sp) of
your vision.  One day a car approaches from the side ... "Honest,
officer, I never saw him!"

> decided on) but my rear view mirror is just above the dash so I'd be the
> only one able to see them.  Sorry, but it will just have to be a window
> decal.

Same with my Spridget.  If I have it on the top of the strut, the roll
bar blocks my view.

--
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324