Re: shock shimming. BMC?

To: Philip J Ethier <phile%pwcs.stpaul.gov@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Re: shock shimming. BMC?
From: mit-eddie!WSL.DEC.COM!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 11:25:37 PDT
>Scott, you described the shim for shocks as "honest-to-BMC". Does this
>mean that British Motor Corporation made these things for use on
>regular production cars?  Do we have any evidence of this?  I have
>never heard of this, but if it is really a BMC part for street use,
>It sounds like a really good deal.  Tell me more!

I'm afraid this kit comes under the BMC Competitions Programme
banner, not the production car specs.  That is, you won't find
instructions for it in the Bentley manual (which is to say the
factory manual), so I don't think it works for stock class.  I
didn't find any when I was looking to use these kits on my '74
Midget, anyway.

Sources: again, Tom & Gary at the Healey Store (boy, you folks
are going to think I own stock there...)  For what it's worth,
I noticed that running a Midget with shorter springs gave lots
of static negative camber, so if there's any way to cause your
springs to collapse, you might want to try it. :-)