Stickers and selling

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Stickers and selling
From: mit-eddie!hoosier.utah.edu!mjb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 22:12:58 -0600
I think stickers may be great, but I will *NOT* volunteer to do them.
Just ask any Team.Net autocross person about delivery time of stuff from
the Fat Chance Garage!  Well, let's just say I know better now.  Actually, I
am thinking of... oh, never mind.  Colors add expense to the job, as each
new color requires a new screen to be burned and another pass at printing.
Registration (color alignment) becomes more critical.  I would suggest that
if at all possible, the design be kept to as few colors as possible, with
as little fine detail.  Intricate multi color stickers are certainly quite
possible, but may be prohibitively expensive.  The Team.Net two color ones
were 5"x7", and ran about 3 bucks (slightly more) for just the printing.

Now my REAL message.  Suppose you knew this guy, who had a reasonably nice
car.  Suppose this guy made a somewhat foolish comment about selling this
car, and the person to whom he made the comment is not content with his Mini,
his TR6, the Jags, even the Lancia Scorpion.  Further, suppose this mythical
car was a white '67 TR4A, solid axle, set up for autocrossing to some extent.
Things like new bushings everywhere in the suspension, a Detroit locker diff
with 4.1 gears, a set of dual Weber 42DCOEs (which could amazingly turn to
40DCOEs before the hypothetical sale).  Brand new coil springs in the front,
new leaf springs in the back, fresh Konis on the front this year.  A 3" lap
belt, a rather tattered racing seat, a nice oil cooler, recent valve job.  A
bit of rust on the rear wings, but many receipts showing the car spent most
of its life in southern California.  In short, a clean, tight, quick car that
is quite competitive at regional autocross events, but needs paint work and
some interior renovation.  Also needs a fresh motor to even be considered as
a national contender.

What would YOU pay for such a car in your area?

mjb.