SOL Identifier Offer, etc.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: SOL Identifier Offer, etc.
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 22:20:20 EDT
Well, to quote the cheesy TV ads, _Response Has Been Overwhelming_!
So, I guess we're on.  Most folk seem to prefer a window sticker,
which is the direction in which I'm leaning for this first run.
Something about, well, perhaps about the same size as the sample
I have knocked up in Adobe Illustrator - about 2.5X3 inches.  Could be
larger, could be smaller - the limitless bliss of PostScript.
[Oh yeah... 8-) 8-) 8-)!].  Could be T-shirts (I'd like one of those
as well), too.  Perhaps with a canonical list of BritCar jokes on the
reverse.

Soooooo, step the second: if you'd prefer something other than what I've
already got, mail an eloquent but brief suggestion.
Here's what I'm thinking of so far:

A British Flag, upon which is an oval thickly bordered in BRG, and white
inside.  The mystical letters SOL are spelt out inside the oval in black-
bordered BRG letters.  About the top portion of the BRG oval band appears
"Scions of Lucas" and about the bottom portion the magickal address
"british-cars@alliant.com". The central "SOL" may be superimposed over
a lightning bolt, indicating wishful thinking, or as was alternately
suggested, a crossed rod & spanner, indicating the inevitability of
life.

It looks pretty spiffy now, what with the color monitor & all, and should
be better when I figure out how to make the damned program rotate the
letters inside the oval band.

The floor is open.

ed