Re: Lars Report

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Lars Report
From: uunet!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 14:12:08 EDT
Duane Walzer writes:
>  I met Tom Watt, Mike Tobin & son, and Gary Archer & family. Gary and I
> had many laughs about cars and wifes that don't understand "car-lust".
> Gary is a typical Brit:  you can take the Brit out of Britain, but you
> can't take the car-lust away from the Brit.

Blush, blush :-)

> (If only my wife
> understood that Healey repairs are much more important than home repairs.)

Ha! Ha!  (Having met Duane and talked of wot wives don't understand...)

> OTHER EVENTS:
>   Aug 26th:  British on the Green car show, Granby, Conn.
>              (Similiar to LARS ANDERSON show, but I haven't made it yet).

My sister and family are visiting me from England (the first time ANYONE from
England has visited me in 10 years I've been here!) and arrives on the Friday
before the show (on the Sunday).  I *might* make it, no guarantees.  It is
virtually in my backyard for crying out loud!

>   Labor Day weekend:  Lime Rock Vintage Fall Festival.

For similar reasons as above, I don't think I can make it.  If ESPN show it
again (they did last year), I will try and remember to tape it (I taped last
years too).

--
Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert