this past weekend, cars, etc.

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: this past weekend, cars, etc.
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 12:17:14 EDT
Whew!!!!  It is now about 12 Noon on Tuesday, and I have finally finished
reading all the SOL mail.  It sounds like the British Car Day at Lars A. went
well.  I wish we could'a been there.  We played this bluegrass festival this
weekend, then left on Sunday PM to go to a cable TV taping session on Monday
night.  Then drove home.  This TV taping was supposed to be close by, in New
Joisey, so we had planned to head down there, then drive home.  Seems it was
in Belmar, just south of Asbury Park!  So we drove the Parkway down from
someone's house in Pelham, and danged if we didn't see a single Triumph.  I
had forgotten all about the VTR meet, or we might at least have looked on a
map to see how far we were from them.  Maybe Sunday PM we coulda' stopped by.
Then again, it rained like a big dog at times on Sunday PM (well, we drove
through some storms where it did), so maybe we wouldn't have stopped at all.
Finished taping by about 9:30, then drove back to Boston.  Put nearly 1000
miles on the Silver Chicken (well, we can't afford a Silver Eagle (that's a
type of tour bus) and I'd have to sell the dead TR-6 to park a Silver Eagle in
the driveway).  Got home at 3 AM.  So today I'm trying to read SOL mail and
get a little work done.  I need a weekday so I can get some rest...

Jim Muller