Re: this weekend's car activities...

To: muller@Alliant.COM, alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: this weekend's car activities...
From: mit-eddie!harvard!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 90 09:39:11 EDT
Jim Muller writes:
> About this weekend.  Lars Anderson Park, home of the auto museum, will be
> having a Triumph (or is it all-British) day on Sunday.  This is rather
> unfortunate timing, since this is also the day of the Antique Auto Show
> of the Bay State Antique Auto Club.  This show, held every July at the
> Endicott Estate in Dedham, Massachusetts, is an absolute eye-popper of
> beautifully restored old iron of all varieties.  Plus our band will be
> there performing (for about the 7th or 8th year).  Which, unfortunately,
> means I can't attend the Lars Anderson thingy.  I suggest those of you
> on the upper right coast looking for something to do should check out
> both event.  I don't know about L.A., but I do know abut the A.A.S.  You
> should bring replacement retinas.  Keep your checkbooks at home.  There is
> no doubt that it will be (probably) the biggest, shiniest, most bodacious
> set of *extreeeemly* restored rare and/or commonplace automotive stuff
> you have ever seen.  (Plus the music is good!)  And I'd like to meet
> more of you.  (I'll be the guitarist with the beard.)

Jim, this may discount you from the Lars Anderson thingy this weekend
(July 8th) which I understand has a Triumph theme, but what about the
following weekend (July 15th) at yet another Lars Anderson thingy,
"British Cars Day"?

I thought you were going.  I've been planning to go (thanks for the
directions Tom Watt, Bob Leger) for months it seems like.  I understand Dale
will be going too, amongst others.

Is there a place everyone can meet at a certain time (I've never been
before, so I don't know the place)?  Or shall we describe ourselves
and just keep a sharp lookout.

For instance:  I'll be the one with an *old*, white t-shirt with British flag
and words, "Burton-on-Trent  ENGLAND"  on it.  My wife has long, blond hair,
my four year old son has bright red hair, my one year old -- probably in a
stroller -- has a hint of red/blond fluff on his head.  (No, I'm not a
red-head, me mother is, I have brown hair.)

At this point all I know who is going is:

Dale Cook with "Grandfather"
Bob Leger showing his Jasmine Yellow TR-250
Tom Watt at the Registration Tent
Jim Muller with "Percy"?
Me! with S.O. & kids

Apologies if I forgot anyone else.

*** Please let us know how to recognise you!!!!!! ***

Can we get anything to eat around there, or is it best to pack our own?
(Just another thing to carry when the family is in tow.)

I understand the cars start showing up between 8.30am and 10.00am and
the grounds are quite busy by 11.00am.  I'm hoping to show up by 11.00am
coming up from the Connecticut shoreline.

                - Garry

PS: To Dale, thanks for supporting England in the World Cup.
We almost made it to the Final, Bah Humbug!!!  I'm still very upset.
Oh well, here's to beating Italy in the 3rd Place Play-off....