this weekend's car activities...

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: this weekend's car activities...
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 90 17:01:46 EDT
Sorry to intrude again...  Firstly, you folks bashing the 1500 Midget should
make note of the years involved.  Don't forget that all cars were having
trouble with emissions standards then.  B-L felt that a larger engien was
necessary to keep the Midget's power up, and the existing block wouldn't
stand more enlarging.  It is a safe bet that if they had tried to meet the
higher emissions standards with the 1275 engine, it would have been worse.
(So it wasn't the fault of the Triumph 1500 engine!  Blame the Feds.)

About this weekend.  Lars Anderson Park, home of the auto museum, will be
having a Triumph (or is it all-British) day on Sunday.  This is rather
unfortunate timing, since this is also the day of the Antique Auto Show
of the Bay State Antique Auto Club.  This show, held every July at the
Endicott Estate in Dedham, Massachusetts, is an absolute eye-popper of
beautifully restored old iron of all varieties.  Plus our band will be
there performing (for about the 7th or 8th year).  Which, unfortunately,
means I can't attend the Lars Anderson thingy.  I suggest those of you
on the upper right coast looking for something to do should check out
both event.  I don't know about L.A., but I do know abut the A.A.S.  You
should bring replacement retinas.  Keep your checkbooks at home.  There is
no doubt that it will be (probably) the biggest, shiniest, most bodacious
set of *extreeeemly* restored rare and/or commonplace automotive stuff
you have ever seen.  (Plus the music is good!)  And I'd like to meet
more of you.  (I'll be the guitarist with the beard.)

Jim Muller