Re: Wimpy wipers

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Wimpy wipers
From: mit-eddie!bevsun.bev.lbl.gov!guy@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Aran Guy)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 90 08:08:35 PDT

 All this talk of wimpy wipers reminds me of an old Mercedes I
once owned. It got to the point that the damned things wouldn't
work unless I gave them a shove manually to get them started.
 New motor brushes, brushsprings, a shaved commutator and a
repacked gearbox got them going like new. Perhaps some of the
elderly brit-cars out there could do with the same treatment?
(The Spits I've owned always seemed to have adequate wipers, so
I've never had the occasion to open the wiper motors. I know the
gearboxes seem to be packed with the accumulated earwax of
British schoolboys, probably as a cost-cutting measure.)
 Aran (Working Saturday _again_) Guy  guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov