electronic ignition

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: electronic ignition
From: mit-eddie!mozart.AMD.COM!zahid@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Zahid Ahsanullah)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 90 14:57:25 CDT
Electronic ignition is the way to go chunk that Lucas stuff out.
I put in an Allison ignition in my Spitfire after trying to do
everything to keep my car original. The unit died once when brake
fluid wet its underside other than that I've had no problems at all.
My most recent test was a couple weeks ago when I started the car after
a month, there was no long struggle, I let the electric fuel pump
fill up the carb and then cranked. The engine roared to life almost
instantly and that too with a weak battery. An Allison setup shouldn't
cost more than $85 and it comes with a lifetime warrantee.

                                Zahid

PS. Jim Muller has a different kind of ignition setup that may be just
    as good and maybe even cheaper.