MG1100/Mini false alarm and Alternator Question

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: MG1100/Mini false alarm and Alternator Question
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Thu, 24 May 90 15:51:02 EDT
Well, I went and took a look at the MG1100 and Mini I mentioned a few days
ago. What the woman didn't tell me is that they've been sitting out back for
about 10 years, the MG with the windows down, the Mini with the back half
of the roof sawed off. The Mini (850) had been used on a nearby farm as a
sort of flatbed for hauling equipment around. That's a new one. The dipstick on
the mini was rusted but the engine on the MG looks like it should be usable,
but I don't need it.
When I was about to leave she said "Oh, I found this box of parts my (ex)
husband bought 10 years ago for the cars, he never put them in...", the box,
with receipts from Moss, had brake and clutch master and slave cylinders,
hoses, shoes, carb and ignition rebuild kits, and bunches of more stuff, so
at least the trip was good for something.
The alternator question: I'd like to ditch the generator in my Mini, anyone
have any idea of what alternator (with built in regulator) will fit in in
its place?