Misc. Questions

Subject: Misc. Questions
From: Darrell Walker <mit-eddie!hprpcd.hp.com!walker@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 May 90 11:59:15 PDT

A few random questions:

1.  Ever since I got my LBC, I have had to change fuel filters every
    six months or so.  I have cut a few open, and they are always
    full of some reddish-brown stuff.  This has been going on for about
    six years now.  I am currently in the process of removing all of
    the interior trim in order to paint the inside of the car, so it
    would be a good time to take out the fuel tank.  I have called
    several radiator repair shops, and they will "boil out" the tank.
    None seemed to know anything about any type of sealant to put in
    after, but I noticed that Moss sells "fuel tank slushing" stuff.
    Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?  Can I clean it
    out myself?  Do the insides of gas tanks normally have any type
    of coating?

2.  After I repaint the inside of the car, I will be installing new
    carpets and upholstery.  Does anyone have any experience with
    either the Moss of the TRF kits (or both?)?  I am leaning toward
    the Moss kit because I want to redo in interior in brown/tan,
    and TRF only offers the original colors (black, red or blue),
    but TRF make a big deal about the effort they have gone through
    to produce accurate kits.  Also, I want leather seat kits, is this
    a good idea in a convertible?

3.  I believe this was discussed before, but what size socket wrench
    is needed to remove the large brass plug that secures the pinion
    plunger on the TR4A steering rack?  It appears to be something over
    one inch, but I can't get a good measurement with the rack installed.

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@hprpcd.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: walker (hprpcd) /HP5200/UX