wiring harness

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM (SOL mail list)
Subject: wiring harness
From: T.J. Higgins <mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!alpine!tj@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 May 90 12:02:41 CDT
Eddie the Eagle's continuing electrical problems have grown extremely
frustrating.  Time, neglect, and apparent abuse by previous owners
have taken their toll.  I'm still fighting the problem of the battery
not seeming to recharge while driving.  Many electrical components do
not function, or do so only intermittently:  turn signals, horn, brake
lights, fuel gauge, temp guage, heater blower, wipers, ..., you get
the picture.  Wiring in both the engine compartment and under the
dash are in a sorry state.  Making matters worse are the deviations
from the wiring diagram in the factory workshop manual.  I would very
much like to fix the electricals once and for all (or as close as
practical with Lord Lucas), so that I may focus on other areas which
cry out for attention:  oil leaks, brake servo, exhaust, interior,
top, etc., ad nauseum.

Consequently, I am considering the purchase of a wiring harness.
However, before taking such a money- and labor-intensive plunge, I
request the advice of those who have had any experience with such a
project.

In deference to Jim's request that we minimize our traffic on the
list, feel free to e-mail me directly.  Of course, I'll keep everyone
apprised of the situation.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE...
T.J. Higgins                    uunet!ingr!higgins (UUCP)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S CR041     higgins@ingr.com   (Internet)
One Madison Industrial Park
Huntsville, AL  35894-0001      "Well-weathered leather, hot metal
(205) 730-6191                   and oil, the scent of country air"
                                                        -Rush