what's happenin'

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: what's happenin'
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Mon, 21 May 90 12:29:55 EDT
I have removed the left coast list (british-cars-local@decwrl) and restored
all of the names to british-cars@alliant.  I hope that will help.  I do not
know where the multiple copies are coming from, but I intend to find out.
First thing to consider is whether some other list is reflecting mail back
to alliant, forming a closed loop.  I don't think so, and I am not sure that
all of you are getting multiple copies from the same source.

About the mail volume, one thing that would help is if you folks would respond
only to mail that you know something about!  And even better, save up a bunch
of responses and put them into one posting (like I usually do).  It should be
quite easy to respond to individuals who ask for help.  In know that *our*
mailer certainly does that.  I get SOL mail from the same router mechanism
that distributes it to you, and I see a From line.  WHen I enter R from Mail,
it sends mail to that poster.  Even if it doesn't work for you, you can at
least tweak the To line in a return posting to go to the original poster.  This
would also be made easier if eveyone put a decent mail signature at the bottom
of his/her mail.  Some of you don't even sign your names...

Jim