Re: Battery Ventalation

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Battery Ventalation
From: Roland Dudley <mit-eddie!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 May 90 11:04:07 pdt
Tim Buja writes:

>    The battery for a TR-8 sits in the trunk.  I've purchased a plastic
>battery box that I intend to put the battery in once I get my 8 back
>from the paint shop.  The new battery box has a sealed bottom to keep

>    My question is:
>    In old Audi 5000s (before the current body style), the battery was
>under the back seat, with a hose that vented any gases produced by the

Have you ever considered a Delco battery?  I know they're not everyones
favorite battery but they do have one very nice feature:  they're
completely sealed.  I only wished that they had been available back when
I owned my Healey.  Virtually everything in the trunk was rotted away by
fumes from the battery.  They're also nice for VW bugs (and no doubt
Audi) owners with the battery under the seat.  If nothing else, they're
convenient when the battery is located in a hard to get to place.

Roland