RE: Cold Fuel

To: decpa::"decvax!alliant.com!british-cars"@dsm.enet.dec.com
Subject: RE: Cold Fuel
From: mit-eddie!decwrl.dec.com!"dsm::holbrook"%dsm.enet@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 16 May 90 06:25:05 PDT
I remember seeing plans in one of my MGA books describing a "cold air pack"
it was nothing more than a sheet aluminum box that replaced the air filters.
Cool air was piped in from in front of the radiator.  The aluminum box had
a hole drilled in the back to avoid any ram effect.  I assume if you preasurize
the incomming air and the floats are at normal pressure you will lean out the
mixture.  But the point of this was to avoid the hot air above the exhaust
headers.

I was intrigued by the mail on cross flow heads for type a engines.  Was the
MGA twincam the only experiment with cross flows on the type B engines?

                                                Dave Holbrook