Re: Starting quickly

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Starting quickly
From: mit-eddie!iris.brown.edu!ejd@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 16 May 90 01:34:08 EDT
run well, tim sez:

I had noticed that they both run better in a light
mist or fog than on those 3 sunny days a year, but I thought it was
just a quirk of my cars, not a consistent design requirement...

OK, so it's not a design requirement, but this is actually related to the
cool-can (cooled fuel) discussion that's ongoing.  Misty/cool/froggy
air is denser than my head -- no, make that _dry air_ ... this
implies a denser a/f mixture, implies more combustible throughput,
and the increase in engine power is left as an exercise for the reader.

And it never hurts to make your car feel at home, either.

ed