oil additives

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: oil additives
From: mit-eddie!iris.ucdavis.edu!sanders@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (John Sanders)
Date: Sat, 12 May 90 19:10:01 PDT
Howdy!
I thought I'd add a comment to the discussion on engine/tranny oils...
I've been using a teflon coating product called Slick50 for about 15 years.
I've had it in all my cars including two MGB's and I'm pretty convinced that it
has helped reduce engine wear. I know I shouldn't tempt fate by saying this but
I haven't had any problems with valve guides/bearings/cyl-rings etc since using
this stuff to an extent that seems extraordinary even given my obsessive
preventative maintenance routine. I'd shake rattles and chant over the B's each
night if it would be as beneficial as this stuff seems to be. I'd like to hear
from others who have used Slick50 - it seems to be useful. Its' kind of
expensive but I only treat the engines every four years or so. They make tranny
additives but I haven't tried them - I don't think OD trannys like anything but
30wt Castrol.

-= John =-

I have no association with the company who makes it.