Re: oil additives

To: alliant!Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: oil additives
From: sgi!abingdon.wpd.sgi.com!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 14 May 90 11:09:38 PDT
>> From: uunet!EDDIE.MIT.EDU!mit-eddie!iris.ucdavis.edu!sanders (John Sanders)
>>
>> I've had it in all my cars including two MGB's

Wow, you must be pretty flexible!  I've tried, and I can't imagine
having it in an MGB.  That's why you keep the picnic blanket in
the trunk, after all, isn't it?

>>and I'm pretty convinced
>> that it has helped reduce engine wear. I know I shouldn't tempt fate by
>> saying this but I haven't had any
>
>John,
>
>I thought everyone understood this: British cars are NOT a suitable
>replacement for sex.  A good temporary substitute, but not a total
>replacement.

As the saying goes, sports cars will get you through times
of no sex better than sex will get you through times of no
sports cars.  And if conditions are right, sports cars can
even put an end to times of no sex.

Why, just the other day, I pulled up in the MG and this
beautiful young girl -- some thirty years younger than me --
runs up to my car, begs to be let in, and then gives me a kiss
at the end of the ride.  What's even stranger is that my
wife was standing right next to the car at the time, and
she didn't bat an eye!  I suppose it was because the sweet
young thing said "Hi, Daddy!" as she was running across
the yard.

Just to obviate any thoughts of sexism, I'll add the comment
my wife made after commuting in my bright orange ("Blaze Red")
MG Midget for several days.  "Well, if I was ever single, and
didn't want to be, I think I'd get a bright orange sports car,"
she told me one evening.  "I got more attention on the way
home than I did all the way through college."

--Scott "Hey mister, why do you have a satin car cover?" Fisher