Re: What's out there? and silicone

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: What's out there? and silicone
From: mit-eddie!PROOF.ERGO.CS.CMU.EDU!Peter.Lee@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 08 May 90 10:30:16 EDT
I've been out of touch for a while, but been keeping up with the list in
read-only mode.  Here's a list of my LBC's:  (my mail to robbp also failed)

MAKE              MODEL        YEAR      COND

Triumph           TR6          '73        4
Triumph           Spitfire     '80        3
Triumph           TR4A         '67        1

Concerning silicone in waxes, armor-all, and paint problems:  I've seen it
happen myself.  Prep a recently armor-all'ed car:  wax/grease remover, sand,
repair, sand, and clean.  Then, paint.  Presto!  Fish-eyes like crazy!

What a mess.  Seems that the only thing to do is strip down to bare metal.
There *might* be some sealing primers that you could use prior to painting,
but it does seem that silicone waxes and armor-all are a body man's worst
nightmares.

Peter