wash & wax

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: wash & wax
From: richard welty <mit-eddie!lewis.crd.ge.com!welty@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 May 90 12:22 EDT
    I'd have to disagree with using dishwashing liquid when washing your car.
It's
    been my experience that the grease cutting agents in these liquids tend to
    remove the wax from your car real fast.

i've been using the soap provided with the zymol starter kit for a while
now, and it is not much different dishwashing liquid.  i have had no problems
with it taking wax off, but then i'm inclined to wax every 6 weeks or so
with a good carnuba wax anyway.

    I believe that some of your better
    car wash soaps are much easier on your wax job, and you have to wax less
often
    that way.

what is a `better car wash soap' in this context?  i'm having trouble finding
anything that isn't loaded up with cheap brightening chemicals.

richard