Trim Code

To: uunet!Alliant.COM!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Trim Code
From: mit-eddie!tellab4.TELLABS.COM!kegel@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dave Kegel)
Date: Mon, 7 May 90 15:57:04 -0500

also, no car wash stuff with alkyls or brighteners in them
should be used; stick with no-phosphate lemon dishwashing
liquids, with a dash of salad oil in them.  for tough dirt,
there are some very good paint cleaners like zymol hd
cleanse that are the best things to use.  i like zymol
waxes a lot, but their `hd cleanse' is about the best thing
since sliced bread as far as i'm concerned.  it's much
better than rubbing compound for removing oxidation; i've
seen it work near miracles.

-- richard

I'd have to disagree with using dishwashing liquid when washing your car.  It's
been my experience that the grease cutting agents in these liquids tend to
remove the wax from your car real fast.  I believe that some of your better
car wash soaps are much easier on your wax job, and you have to wax less often
that way.

Also, Meguiers makes a liquid polish (not a wax) that when used with all cotton
t-shirts or diapers produces a beautiful scratch/spider web free gloss.  Works
really well with black paint even.

Dave