Of wax, quotes and flickers

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Of wax, quotes and flickers
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 May 90 13:29:52 EDT
Actually, Jim, the reference was to "Keeper of the Flickering Flame", but
the second thought is them woodpeckers with the white behinds...

I stand corrected on my GWTW quote.

And finally, I've waxed my Brit cars without any problems (the Midget
was repainted near the end of it's life.)  I do Grandfather not only
to make him feel better (we geezers like to look our best, doncha
know?) but also because he still carry's the paint that British Leyland
gave him and it has gotten lots of small rock-induced spots that would
rust if I didn't.  Besides, just as tweaking SU's is good for the
soul, so is busting your hump smoothing that last bit of wax!

        - Dale

ps I posted the first of my attempts at the poetry of British motoring
to soc.culture.british and didn't hear a peep!  Maybe the modern day
Brits have forgotten what it's all about.  Next thing you know they'll
be putting tape decks and cat converters on their cars.  Heavens!