Lars Anderson

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: Lars Anderson
From: leger@Alliant.COM (Bob Leger)
Date: Fri, 4 May 90 11:48:52 EDT
Garry Archer writes:
| Well, I see some of you blokes are talking about British Car Day at Lars
| Anderson (July 15th).  I've never been there before, but I really want to
| go this year.  Who else is planning on going?  Will you be "showing" your
| car(s)?

I will be in attendance and will be showing my car.  Of course with the
kind of cars that comes to a show like this, there is no chance that I
can win anything.  That dosen't really matter though.  The show is alot
of fun and a good chance to see cars that you otherwise would not be able
to see.  Best of show has been won the last two years running by Tom Hickey
and his black AC Bristol coupe, '58 I think.  He has owned it since it was
a year old.  About 6 or 7 years ago he sent it back to the factory in
England and had them completely restore the alloy body (remove parking lot
dings and repaint.)  I used the side of this car as a mirror to photograph
the yellow AC Ace that was parked next to it.  The only distortion in the
photo is the gentle curves of the Bristol's body panels.  Last year, a
Lotus XI caused quite a stir when it rolled in from Vermont very fashionably
late.  Last year's show was attended by more than 150 cars of all types and
years, and the show has been growing every year.  For those list readers
that are not close to Boston, this show is worth a long drive to attend,
if only to view and not to show.  The only SOL member that I met at the show
last year was Bob Tufts (now unsubscribed).  Up until this show two years
ago I was lazily looking for a ragtop to drive.  At this show I saw how nice
the TR4 body style can look when it is not full of holes!  It really got me
seriously looking and I ended up getting my TR250 in the fall.  Set this
day aside on your calendars and I'll see you there!  If any out-of-towners
need directions, email me.

Bob Leger
leger@alliant.com