Re: Stated Value

To: "bellcore!EDDIE.MIT.EDU!alliant!british-cars"@bellcore.bellcore.com
Subject: Re: Stated Value
From: mit-eddie!bellcore.bellcore.com!taichi!whs70@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 3 May 1990 13:01 EDT
A good source of approximate value for old cars is  the:

    Old Cars Price Guide, $3.95 an issue

It is a periodical (bi-monthly I think) published by Krause
Publications.  All of the significant British marques are
usually in each issue (but not every issue) and most include
all the years of production.  Other cars (eg. Chevy, etc.)
cut off at 1976 or so.

If you are looking for a particular marque, you might want
to call the Old Cars people (715-445-2214) to ask if a
particular issue has your marque listing in it.  You can,
I believe, then order that single issue by mail.  Their
address is:  700 E. State Street, Iola, WI 54945

The price guide provides a set of 5 values for each
listing ranging from (1) Excellent (2) Fine, (3) Very Good,
(4) Good to (5) Restorable.  More detailed explanations of
what their usage of these descriptions mean is in each issue
also.

Bill Sohl