Re: Stated Value

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Stated Value
From: Roland Dudley <mit-eddie!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 May 90 17:15:50 pdt
>Dale C. Cook <EDDIE.MIT.EDU!mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook>

>It occurred to me with all this talk about inflating car
>prices that Terry's car is probably under insured!  How
>does one go about picking a number for the insurance folks?
>And, anyone care to hazard a guess as to Grandfather's
>value (near perfect low mileage '73 B)?
>       - Dale

Their are companies that specialize in this kind of coverage.  You might
be able to get an appraisal form one of their representatives or perhaps
from a member of a local British car club who does this sort of thing
for this very purpose.

Many mainstream auto insurers will also cover your classic at so
much/$1000 value.  I'm not sure how they arrive at the value for a car
but I would assume an appraisal form some qualified person is required.

One company I know about that specializes is:

       Cooper Love & Jackson
       1084 Hayes St
       Nashville, TN 37203
       800-274-1804

I know absolutely nothing about this company other than what they say in
their ad which is tha they insure classic, vintage and historic cars
(including race coverage).

Roland