Re: [Bricklin] Air Lines Replacement?

To: Greg Schroeder <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Air Lines Replacement?
From: Scott Isensee <isensee@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:39:43 -0500
Cc: "<Bricklin@autox.team.net>" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Air lines will last many years. I have never seen one leak. Air leaks develop
at the connectors, at the air pump, or at the valve in the air box. Rick's
suggestion of putting a one way valve near the compressor is a good one.

Leaks can be hard to locate. Is you haven't been able to find a leak at a
connection using some dish soap and looking for bubbles, take the valves in
the air box apart and make sure they are clean and the seals are in good
shape. A trick Terry told me about years ago for locating small air leaks is
to inject a little freon into the air tank and then check around with a freon
detector. Those detectors are very sensitive and will find very small leaks.

145 pounds is certainly more than you need to open the door and high pressure
will make a leak lose air faster. If the switch is replaceable, maybe you
could swap in a 115. That's not going to stop your leak though. You are still
going to need to track it down.

Good luck.

Scott

Sent from my iPad