Re: [Bricklin] what problems

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>, "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] what problems
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 22:28:09 -0600
John,

Something to make the door alignment easier and keep it aligned.

A way to tell if a door is bent or not.  We really do not have any way to
measure if a door is bent.

Power windows would be a big one for me.  Cannot seem to find a good option.

Cigarette power options for GPS, IPOD, Phone charges, etc.  Maybe in a new
console or something hidden.  Lot;s of room behind the passengers side dash.

A kit to remove the vacuum headlights with something electric.  I believe we
are getting carried away with this use of air options.

Gas mileage should improve with the overdrive transmission swap.  Mine is
running about 1800 RPM's at 70 MPH with the 700R4.  I still owe you an
article on that swap.  EFI would help mileage, but those options are
currently to expensive for a Bricklin.

My best investment for cooling was a high flow thermostat and water pump.
Unfortunately I had to buy the thermostat from Summitt so it was pricey with
their handling charge.  The local shops did not know what I was asking for.

Kind of a brain dump, but hopefully will trigger some other owners thoughts.

Greg 0036