Re: [Bricklin] engines

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] engines
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:22:47 -0500
The 4.3 is no match for the 351 with a few mods, and the mods to the 351 are
easier than doing a complete engine swap. In the 70's ford like most
manufactures dropped compression and cam profiles to get emissions where they
need them, they have since found much better cleaner ways to do it and with
compression bumped up and a better cam  intake and carb the 351 can do very
well. If you change the heads they can do even better, the factory ford heads
are very restrictive on the exhaust side.