Re: overheating 2121 (part 4 of 4)

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: overheating 2121 (part 4 of 4)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:58:31 -0400
  Part 4 of 4

 >I tried to cool the system first without the original fan just 2 electrical
 >pusher fans until #2224 had overheated the second time.
 >Now I reinstalled the manual fan additional but don't know if the fan clutch
 >is ok. How could I test this??

For a good article on testing the fan clutch read this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/how_to_central/automotive/1772922.html

But, if you haven't replaced it, it could be 30 some years old and
not be working
properly.  They aren't that expensive, about $30 US here in the States.  So if
you can't find one over there, and have to place an order for some parts here
in the US, have them add a fan clutch.  It's good insurance.

Hope this helps

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229